Sunday, July 26, 2015

The Rainbow Skirt; COOP 2009-2010

strip, scrap, fabric, quilter, left over, preschool skirt, rainbow skirt, preschool, rainbow, clothes, girl
fabric strips, left over fabric, ribbon, rainbow, preschool, school clothes, girls. skirt
Maggie's Rainbow Skirt


I'm fuzzy on the dates. I *think it was 2009-2010 or there abouts. My rising 5th grader was in COOP and wearing different colored clothes each week according to the color of the week, so maybe she was in the 3 day 3s at the time? And finally it was "rainbow" week and the distress, not anything fully rainbow colored. Mrs. M (who was my child's 4 day 4s teacher will remember, my child is very specific. If you say you are doing field trips on Wednesday, don't switch to Tuesday, if it is rainbow week then you better be wearing a rainbow.) I had a smattering of scraps around from doing a quilt project for the school action, cut them into strips, added ribbon & voila. Rainbow skirt. This skirt was much loved and spent hours on the COOP playground. It was passed down to little sister and spent more hours on the playground. It isn't quite done. If you are a COOP parent and have a little girl who'd like a rainbow skirt to play on the playground with, please send me an email: whigstories (at) gmail (dot) com. with your name, & child's teacher and I'll have it in their classroom for you. (yes free. please don't email me unless you are in Williamsburg VA. and this really is a COOP skirt, and it wants to go back to COOP and play on the playground.)



If you'd like a new one I would be happy to whip one up for you from fabrics currently in the studio. I can't recreate the original but I will be sure that red, yellow, orange, blue, green and purple are all represented.

Please email or leave a comment with your contact information, a waist measurement and the length from the waist to the knee (the skirt is above knee but I will try to keep it from being too short) The skirt will be $18.00 plus shipping and will be lined so the inner seams aren't rubbing.

preschool, skirt, rainbow, back to school, scrap skirt, fabric, leftover, strip
her favorite color is purple, there is extra purple on this skirt!
but so fun and lively

** update **
the original has a new home. Want your own? Get in touch and I'll make one up!

No comments:

Post a Comment